Future Transport Plans Made Digital and Accessible
Future Transport sets the direction for connecting people, communities and businesses in NSW to provide a successful and thriving future.
Future Transport NSW is responsible for planning the NSW Transport Strategy for the next 40 years. This strategy encompassed developing over 15 complex plan documents, covering ports, rail and road.
The Plans all exceeded 100 pages; highly complex documents with images, tables, text, schedules.
Future Transport needed to make these plans accessible for community feedback.
But the plans had been put on the Future Transport website as PDFs, and required long downloads. They were not mobile or web friendly.
As a result, there were fewer than 200 downloads over a 3 month period. The community was neither engaged nor informed.
The Solution - 1WordFlow Transform
1WordFlow Transform converted Future Transport plans to digital web pages in 2 weeks.
As digital web pages, community members were able to:
- Search for the information they needed.
- Navigate directly to the relevant page, with no downloads.
- Easily read on a mobile device.
- Instantly translate content into their native language.
- Access all related content with just one click.
- Give real time feedback on their reactions to the plans.
- 118,000 pages views in one month – increased from only 200 downloads in the prior 3 months.
- 75% cost saving on manual conversion.
- 60,000 sentiment readings collected.